Thanks to the cuties nostalgiclemon and itsheyjune for nominating me for the Liebster Award! They both gave me great questions, so this post is going to be a little long. I broke it up just a little bit with some gifs and a video, so it’s not only paragraphs of text. Also, there were some variations in the two sets of rules they gave me, so I just picked one. Alright, here we go.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers that you want to share with the world.
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated by leaving a comment on their blog.
The Questions asked by Madhurima (Nostalgic Lemon)
1. If you could time travel and go back to one moment of your life (to either re-live it or do things differently), which moment would it be and why?
I can’t think of anything big that I’d like to change, but I think it would be cool to go back and have a good comeback when someone has made fun of me or to stop myself from saying something stupid. I also think it would be cool to re-live parts of high school, middle school, or just my childhood. I don’t think there’s anything specific, though.
2. How has school impacted your life?
I think school has impacted my confidence most. I was in public school for most of my life, but I went to a private school for two years and it made such a difference in how I think of myself. I had an okay amount of confidence in elementary school, but in middle school I had a really hard time. I couldn’t talk to people without turning red, I could barely look people in the eyes, I thought I was ugly and fat, and I just felt very alone and bad about myself. Then I went to a private boarding school, and it was a complete turnaround. The school was small, everyone was nice, and I started feeling comfortable in my own skin. After my two years there, I had to go back to public school and my confidence barely went back down at all. Those two years of boarding school really changed my life. I’ve kept the confidence I gained from the experience, and I’m really glad I went there.
3. What tv show do you want people to binge watch ASAP?
Peaky Blinders!!! It’s amazing!! I’ve watched it 3 times already, and it’s just as good as the first time I saw it. It’s about a gangster family living in 1920’s Birmingham shortly after WWI. The show centers around the Shelby family and their rise in wealth and power. It’s on Netflix and there are three seasons so far. I think it has great writing, and it’s so beautiful. Every scene looks like a photograph or a painting. It’s got romance, action, and drama. I can’t recommend it enough! I just have to warn you that there is quite a bit of violence, swearing, drinking, smoking, sex, and nudity, so if you’re not into that, I might avoid it. I really hope you don’t avoid it, though! It’s so good!!!! Also, here’s a cool gif of the gang walking. ↘️
4. What clothing item from the 80’s or 90’s do you really like?
I like leggings, spandex, and I really really like disco pants even though I’ve never had a pair. I really need to hunt one down as soon as possible! I also really like flannels and the whole grunge style.
5. If you had to wear one color for a whole year (clothing, accessories), what color would you choose?
Definitely black. I love black and just dark colors in general. I don’t like wearing a lot of bright colors, so I don’t think switching to all black would be that hard. Navy blue would be my next choice. 😁
6. If you could befriend a character from a book, TV show, film, who would you choose and why?
I think it would have to be Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. He’s been my favorite for as long as I can remember. He’s just so cool, and I think it would be awesome to be his friend. He’s just not very nice, so I don’t know if he’d actually want to be friends with me. 😂😆
7.What would you tell someone who has just finished school, and is unsure about their future?
I guess I’m kind of in a similar situation right now. I’m going to my second year of college, and I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my life yet. I guess my advice is to not worry because things will work out one way or another.
8. What is your favorite chore to do?
I feel like favorite isn’t quite the right word, but maybe the least awful chore to do is wash the dishes. I also don’t mind cleaning small spaces, like a drawer or a shelf.
9. Which musician/band had a significant impact on your life?
This is a tough one because I don’t think any musicians or bands have made a huge impact on my life. I kind of just listen to music because I like it. I guess the only time music actually made me do something is when I used to listen to a lot of Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe, I started taking guitar lessons.
10. What other name would you give your blog, had your current one not been available?
I’ve never even thought of this. I guess I would still like to use beauty in my name, so maybe I would go with something like Bright Beauty. I know it’s basically the same as Light Beauty, but I just really like the sound of it!
The Questions asked by Diane (AKA: Hye Joon AKA: Hey June 😜)
1. What is the last movie you watched?
The last movie I saw in the theater was Jason Bourne. Both my parents really like the Bourne movies, so I’ve kind of grown up watching them. I love action movies, so I really enjoyed it. The last movie I saw out of theaters was The Last Samurai. It was on TV, and I had to tune in. I’ve seen it so many times, and I never get tired of it! I think it has a great story and really beautiful music.
2. What’s the makeup product you use the most during summer?
In the summer, I usually keep it very natural. I either wear no makeup (when I’m laying around the house all day 😜) or very little makeup because I hate the feel of heavy makeup in humid weather. So I guess maybe BB Cream is what I use most because it’s very light and it has sunscreen in it.
3. What motivated you to start blogging?
I found this girl named Holly White on YouTube, and she was talking about how she had a blog (www.hollylovesthesimplethings.co.uk). So I checked it out and it looked like a lot of fun, so I thought I would make one, too.
4. What’s your favourite part when writing a blog post? (Taking pictures, writing, planning it out…)
I love taking pictures for my posts, but I love looking at the finished pictures on my computer even more. When I picture looks good, I get really excited. It’s just so much fun!
5. What is your go-to hairstyle?
I wear my hair down and natural pretty much every day. I usually only wear it up for work or when I’m lounging around my house. I also like to straighten it every once in a while, but natural is definitely my go-to.
6. What is your favorite lip shade?
This is a tough one, but I think I have to say that a classic red is my favorite lip color. Pinks are a close second. I also really like dark lips like maroon and brown, but colors like that make my lips look really small, so I’m less likely to wear them.
7. What’s the first/top thing on your wishlist as of now?
Hmm, I guess I would love a nice apartment or money to start paying off student loans, but realistically, I would really like a nice sweater cardigan to throw on in the winter over my shirts that are short sleeve or maybe just not very warm. It gets pretty cold in Wisconsin, and I have a hard time paying attention in class when I’m freezing.
8. If you could meet anyone throughout all of history, who would it be?
I think it would be really cool to meet my grandpa or really any of my family members that passed away before I could meet them. I could probably listen to stories they could tell me for hours. I would also love to meet Elvis Presley. I love his music, he seems like he was very charming, and he was really handsome, too! Watch this video of him and Frank Sinatra singing together and tell me he isn’t gorgeous. He also made such a huge impact on music today. Sometimes I’ll listen to old live recordings of him, and I just realize that he was an actual person that was actually alive. I know it sounds like duh, or course he was real, but it’s a totally different experience when you hear him laugh or mess up in the recording. He seems much more real. It would be really cool to hear him talk in person or be able to look him in the eyes. Those dreamy eyes. ⬇️
9. What is one beauty product that you want to try out but have yet to try?
I don’t have a specific product I’d like to try. I just know I want to try a more high end liquid eyeliner. I’ve used drugstore eyeliners and some of them are pretty okay, but I want to try a really good one.
10. Do you prefer sneakers or heels?
I love how heels look, but there’s no way I’ll be wearing heels if I have to walk any kind of distance or have to stand for any long period of time. Considering that, I have to say sneakers for sure.
11. What was the first you post you ever wrote about?
My first post was literally called First Post and it was just me introducing myself and giving an idea of what my blog was going to be about.
- What’s your favorite genre of music?
- Do you play any instruments? What do you play?
- What movies do you want to recommend to your readers?
- Online shopping or in store shopping?
- Is there any hairstyle, makeup look, or outfit you’d love to rock, but don’t feel comfortable enough to. (example: getting a pixie cut)
- What do you do for fun?
- Do you have any hobbies besides blogging?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Do you have any desert recommendations?
- What is one thing you want to share that your readers might not know about you?
Nominations (I don’t know if any of you are new bloggers, but I didn’t know who was new and who wasn’t, so I just picked people I thought would give interesting answers.)
I’d love to hear your answers, but no pressure. Only do the tag if you want!
Wow, I’m so sorry this post is so long, but I didn’t want to do two separate post for each set of questions. I’m definitely impressed if you read all the way through.
I found the gifs and picture online, so I thought I might as well link where I found them.
riotthedrummer.tumblr.com (Elvis gif)
www.popsugar.com (Peaky Blinders gif)
theglobalaussie.com (Liebster Award picture)